Login to Complete an Application
Don't have an account? Click here to get started.
The PRISM awards recognize best public relations and strategic communications work in the Kansas City area. It is also the time to recognize those who've exemplified exceptional individual performances. To nominate a co-worker, boss, friend, or dedicated PR professional for one of the following awards, please review the instructions below.
Nomination Instructions: Nominations in each category should include a professional biography of the nominee, a summary of accomplishments, and at least two letters of recommendation. We will request an electronic color photo of the winner. To submit your nomination or if you have questions, email GKC-PRSA by June 30.
The Roger Yarrington Public Relations Professional of the Year Award
There are local practitioners who deserve special recognition for their contributions to the public relations profession. If you know someone who meets the following qualifications, please nominate the practitioner for the Public Relations Professional (PR Pro) of the Year Award:
- Demonstrates superior professional character;
- Exhibits exemplary professional achievement;
- Creates a positive impact on the communications profession, in the lives of professionals, and on organizations;
- Contributes his/her time and talents to the community; and
- Has earned the respect of peers, co-workers, and clients
**Nominees for Pro of the Year do not have to be members of PRSA.
The Bill DeLay Award for Distinguished Service to GKC-PRSA
GKC-PRSA relies on members’ participation and volunteerism to achieve its goals. The chapter created the GKC-PRSA Service Award to recognize these efforts. If you know someone who meets the following qualifications, please nominate them for the GKC PRSA Service Award:
- Is a GKC PRSA chapter member in good standing;
- Exhibits exemplary volunteer efforts on behalf of the chapter;
- Demonstrates participation exceeding the status quo; and
- Displays a strong presence in the public relations profession and marketing community.
The Public Relations Team of the Year Award
GKC PRSA will recognize a PR and/or communications team that deserves special recognition for its achievements during the past year. This team can be a PR agency, internal PR group or collaboration. Please be sure to include team members names.